Like you, we have been profoundly impacted by current events. Learning to live and work in relative isolation is not a transition that we would have ever chosen, but the reality is that a large part of life is how you respond to transitions and circumstances you don’t choose.
As a matter of fact, we know that’s the only reason we’re here: to help clients prepare to respond when the choice is taken out of their hands. Frankly, if that potential didn’t exist, there would be no reason left to plan and prepare—things would always work out the way we want them to. It is because things don’t always simply work out, however, that life can feel chaotic, leaving many folks feeling vulnerable and disoriented.
One thing that has become a focal point of the services that we offer to clients is a simple fact that, even though things don’t work out exactly the way we want them to, there are still choices to be made and opportunities to be seized. Likewise, our current environment has presented us with an opportunity. We have used this time to revamp the services that we offer and the way in which we deliver those services.
What is changing:
- How we offer our services to new clients.
- The way we define our services to new clients.
- Additional tools to help us engage and do a better job of serving our clients.
- Where we have the opportunity to improve what we can do for you, we will.
What is not changing:
- Costs to you.
- Our relationship with you.
- Our ability and desire to broadly offer robust and sound advice.
From a practical standpoint, new clients will understand that they have the opportunity to engage with us in two basic ways: financial planning and investment management. Engaging with us in one aspect does not mean that you have to engage with us in the other. Each set of services will be separate and distinct, and ongoing interactions will be uniquely related to the relationships we have with our clients.
Financial planning components that we will offer:
- Foundational Components
- Goal Definition & Prioritization
- Expense & Income Evaluation
- Investment Optimization
- Risk Management Components
- Insurance & Employer Benefits Optimization
- Slack Evaluation
- Advanced Components
- Tax Management
- Estate Planning Evaluation
The tiered structure of strategy/product offerings and reviews
New custom portfolio offerings
Why we are making changes:
- The definition is important for communication and setting expectations.
- Different clients need different things—one size does not fit all.
- Our primary value is in the advice we have to offer, so we want to put that front-and-center.
Thank you for trusting us with your financial planning needs, and please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can be of service. We look forward to speaking with you soon.